Pages

Saturday 8 June 2019

GTT - Gardening, Cooking and Whanaungatanga

The girls planted 100 plants in our hothouse



Seeds the girls collected


                                                    
           Chopping up all the veges from our gardens - ready to cook our stir-fry.


                                                


                      
                                                     Delicious stir-fry

         
                               Whanaungatanga - eating our delicious kai together




5 comments:

  1. HI Whaea Sabrina and room 15, My name is Kohl-lee and I got to Tautoro school I am a year 7. I just wanted to say how delicious that food looks. It looks amazing. Maybe next time you can say how long it took your seeds to grow. You guys are making me jealous.

    Here is the link to my blog if you want to check it out.

    http://tskohl-lee.blogspot.com/

    Well Blog you later: Nga Mihi Kohl-lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia-ora my name is Ngapua, I go to Kawakawa primary school.I really like your stir-fry,it looks delicious. I really like how you guys know how to cook because cooking is a really good life skill to have. Now you know how to cook for your-self. Have you thought about having spring rolls with it? it's really delicious.

    Nga mihi
    Ngapua

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora Ngapua,
      Thanks for your comment. I love you suggestion about making springs rolls - this is something we haven't made before. Will keep you posted.

      Delete
  3. Your garden looks really nice! We dont really use our garden at our school but we do have a cultural cooking group that cooks on Fridays. We'd love to know what plants you have been planting in your hot house.
    From Jeremy and Kotare from Te Hapara School.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia ora Jeremy,
    The plants we are growing in our gardens are broccoli, cauliflower, radish, puha, lots of herbs, lettuce, cabbage, tomatoes, onions, beans and we are growing lots of native plants too. We will keep you updated.

    ReplyDelete